On this page, we are going to take a closer look at the banking option that goes by the name of Skrill. By the time that you have got to the bottom of this page, you will have learnt everything that you need to know about this popular payment method. You will also be able to tell whether it is the payment option that you have been searching for.
|Minimum Deposit||Maximum Deposit||Minimum Withdrawal||Maximum Withdrawal||Fees|
|Depends on Bookie||Depends on sportsbook||Depends on bookmaker||Depends on bookmaker||No fees from the sportsbook side|
Fees from Skrill’s side though
Should get your cash within 24 hours
What is Skrill?
Skrill was launched back in 2001 and they became one of the world’s first e-Wallets to allow their customers to make internet-to-internet transactions. In the beginning, their customers were only permitted to transfer funds to those with Skrill accounts, but this has since been changed for the greater good. When they first came on the scene, they were called Moneybookers, but they changed to Skrill back in 2011.
It has become extremely popular because it is available in 200 countries (including Nigeria) and accepts over 40 different currencies. To give you an idea as to how popular they have become, they now have more than 40 million customers all over the globe. They are now one of PayPal’s biggest competitors and can be found at more than 120,000 online merchants. It is also accepted at plenty of online casinos, meaning you can use Skrill to bet and take advantage of competitive odds and nice Welcome Bonus.
How to Create an Account with Skrill?
You will be happy to hear that creating an account with Skrill is something that is pretty simple. The last thing that anyone wants is a complicated signing up process when they want to open up an account with a company. So, how do you go about creating an account with Skrill? Well, we will explain all below.
- Go on the Skrill website and click on the “Register” button that you will find at the top right of the site.
- You will be taken to a form where you will have to enter personal details such as your name, email address, and then come up with a strong password. Take a couple of minutes to read the terms and conditions and then click on “Register Now”.
- You will be taken to another form where you will have to enter your country of residence as well as the currency that you are going to be using. To avoid those pesky exchange rates, select the same currency that you will be using when betting with your sportsbook.
- Once you have done this, you will be taken to another page where you will be asked to select your preferred method of payment. Once you have done this, there will be some more personal data to add. Complete this and you will have your own Skrill account.
You Will Have to Verify Your Skrill Account
So, you now have a Skrill account, but you still have a couple of more things that you need to do. The first thing that you will have to do is verify your Skrill account. Until you do this, you will find that there are big restrictions on your account. So, how do you complete the verification process? Well, read on and all will be revealed.
Enter your Skrill account and click on the settings page link which is on the left-hand side of the screen. When you are on the settings page, click on “Account Verification” and then click on “Verify Now”. You will then have to send them a photograph of your driving license, ID card, or passport. After you have completed this step, you will have to send them a picture of you holding a white piece of paper that has “Skrill” on it and the date.
To make things easier here, you can use your webcam on your computer or laptop. So, instead of uploading a photo, you can just show the required documents in front of the webcam and take a picture.
After your identity has been verified, the next thing that you will need to do is prove that you are living at the address that you gave them. There is a geolocation option here that is really quick and handy, but it does not work in all locations. If it does not work for you, then you are going to have to send them a photo of a bank statement or a utility bill. These documents have to be younger than 90 days.
If you decide to send them a bank statement, then you must make sure that they can see your name, address, and bank logo very clearly.
How Do You Add Money to Your Skrill Account?
Once you have set up and verified your account, you will need to add some funds to it. What options are available to you here? Well, the list below will reveal all:
- Debit/credit card
- Bank Transfer
If you decide to go for the last option, you will be given the banking details of the account that you need to send your money to. You will also be given a reference number. You need to add this number when you are making the transfer in order for it to be carried out properly. If the transaction is successful, the money will appear in your Skrill account in two or three working days.
Fees and Commissions for Skrill
When selecting a banking method, fees should always be taken into consideration. Fees can come in the form of deposit fees, transfer fees, withdrawal fees, and exchange fees. All of the information that you need to know about these fees can be seen below.
- Deposit fees: When you deposit money into your Skrill account, you will be charged 1% of the amount that you deposited.
- Withdrawal fees: If you use your bank as a payment method, then you will be charged 5.50 euros each time you go to make a withdrawal. The likes of PayPal, on the other hand, do not charge to withdraw money. If you want to withdraw from your Skrill account to your credit or debit card, you will be charged a fee of 7.5%, which is quite high.
- Transfer Fees: If you would like to send money to another Skrill account, then there is a 1.45% charge. Here, Skrill is not as expensive as PayPal as the latter will charge you 2.90%. You also need to keep in mind that if you are sending funds to someone that is using a different currency to you, you will pay the exchange rate fees.
Our Opinion about Skrill
When you want to send and receive money online, Skrill is a very useful option. It does not matter where you want to send the money to, you will be able to do so easily. We are huge fans of the fact that Skrill allow their customers to choose from a decent number of deposit options.
Another great thing about Skrill is that they have a free app that you can download on to your mobile device. The app is available for Android and iOS users, but those with Windows or Blackberry devices will have to use the website only. With this app you can make transfers, deposit and withdraw money, check your balance, and buy and sell cryptocurrency. We have tried the app out for ourselves and find it to be extremely user friendly.
However, when it comes to the fee side of Skrill, things can start to get a little bit expensive. However, we believe that there are more positives than negatives, meaning you will not have a poor experience if you get a Skrill account.
What You Need to Know About Skrill
We human beings love to ask questions, so here are 4 questions that are frequently asked about Skrill.
What is the Minimum Deposit?
This is a common question that is asked about all different payment methods, but it is a question that is not easy to answer. This is because it is totally dependent on the bookmaker that you hold an account with. So, if you want an answer, you should contact your sportsbook.
What is the Minimum Withdrawal?
This is another question that is asked about all banking options and, once again, it is a question that we cannot really answer as it all depends on your sportsbook. So, if you are desperate for the answer, get in touch with your bookie’s customer support team.
What is the Delay for Depositing or Withdrawing?
When you go ahead and make a deposit using Skrill, the funds will appear in your sportsbook account almost instantly. What about when withdrawing money? Well, you should never have to wait more than a day to see your money.
Are There Any Deposit or Withdrawal Fees?
When you deposit money into your sportsbook account or withdraw from it, there will be no fees if you make use of Skrill. However, when you deposit or withdraw money from your actual Skrill account, there will be fees to pay.